- If it ain't broke, it hasn't been submitted to QA
- (alternate #1) If it ain't broke, it hasn't been deployed to production.
- (alternate #2) If it ain't broke, it lacks a unit test.
- "It worked in the testing environment" means it worked in the testing environment. Nothing more, nothing less.
- If it's stupid and it works, it's still stupid and you should refactor now.
- "We've tested enough to go live" = "We logged on and then surfed Facebook for an hour"
- A test plan doesn't guarantee it's right, but no test plan guarantees it's wrong.
- Your product is only as strong as your weakest user; and if your dev team is the only user well then...
- A 'quick fix' is not an acceptable substitute for a pull request.
- A bug report outranks a feature request.
- Ad copy covereth a multitude of sins.
- Weeks of programming can save you hours of planning
- Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from an 11th-hour hack.
- There is no "overkill". There is only IllegalArgumentException or NullPointerException. Your choice, bub.
- Just because it's a one-liner in Perl/Ruby/Python doesn't mean it should be.
- Everybody has a testing environment. Some people are lucky to have a totally separate environment to run production in. (Origin unknown, but so true...)