Atlanta Mini Maker Faire Round-up
Post date: Sep 11, 2011 1:28:41 PM
I had a blast at the first-ever Atlanta Mini Maker Faire. Not even a sinus infection and sunburn could ruin it. Our UWG ACM table got lots of traffic, even though we didn't have any flashy banners or whatever -- just a bunch of guys and their little robots sitting at a table. But we had a steady stream of people talking to us, asking questions, wanting to know how to build their own 'bots, etc. I was in heaven. I love talking geek with smart people.
And by golly we're going to do this next year! Things to include in our plans:
- Sunscreen. Lots of sunscreen. And big ol' hats. I'm thinking mandatory sombreros (maybe even encourage it by having a trick-out-your-hat contest...)
- Get a picnic shelter. Kenny's wife mentioned UWG has some that student groups can borrow.
- Make a banner for UWG ACM. Bonus points if it's tricked out with LED's, etc.
- Related to #3, bring some drop cloths for the table. Just makes things look nicer.
- Get the UWG ACM website in shape. Seriously folks, we're a COMPUTER SCIENCE club and our website blows. That's just embarrassing.
- Bring more business cards. The half-dozen or so in my wallet ran out in no time.
- Step up my personal game and bring something big and cool. I'm thinking it's time to revive, rebuild, and revamp the Giant Marble Run.