Mini Sumo Bot: "George Clinton"
So named because all the colored wires leading into the Arduino remind me of George Clinton's hair.
Built for the Dragon*Con 2012 Mini Sumo competition, which uses the AHRC rules. No real build notes since I mostly just threw it together and let it evolve as I did so. The general style is inspired by the Sumovore.
- Arduino UNO (brain)
- Parallax PING)) ultrasonic sensor (for opponent tracking)
- (4x) QTR-1RC reflectance sensor (for ring edge detection)
- (2x) SpringRC SM-S4303R continuious servos (drive motors)
- (2x) Solarbotics SW servo wheels
- 9-volt battery for electronics
- (4x) AAA batteries for drive system
The structure is pretty much all UHMW (mostly leftover scraps) held together with wood screws.